Lost Simple Ways To Know & Adopt
He chose not to own or drive a car. He preferred train or bus. He used these travel times for writing. He could turn a series of words into concise noteworthy statements. His works survive and thrive in our day as in his. “He died with his boots on,” while preaching in the pulpit of the church he pastored in Toronto.
Have you figured out the name of this unique man?
None other than A W Tozer. His particular passion for God and His glory permeate his writings. His article, “Prophetic Preaching,” hits a nerve in the current condition of the Church of Jesus Christ.
Take 5 minutes to read it and pray that God will use it in your life and in the life of the Church.
by A W Tozer
“If Christianity is to receive a rejuvenation, it must be by other means than any now being used. If the Church in the second half of this century is to recover from the injuries she suffered in the first half, there must appear a new type of preacher.
The proper, ruler-of-the-synagogue type will never do. Neither will the priestly type of man who carries out his duties, takes his pay and asks no questions, nor the smooth-talking pastoral type who knows how to make the Christian religion acceptable to everyone. All these have been tried and found wanting.
Another kind of religious leader must arise among us. He must be of the old prophet type, a man who has seen visions of God and has heard a voice from the Throne. When he comes (and I pray God there will be not one but many),
- He will stand in flat contradiction to everything our smirking, smooth civilization holds dear.
- He will contradict, denounce and protest in the name of God and will earn the hatred and opposition of a large segment of Christendom.
- Such a man is likely to be lean, rugged, blunt-spoken and a little bit angry with the world.
- He will love Christ and the souls of men to the point of willingness to die for the glory of the One and the salvation of the other.
- But he will fear nothing that breathes with mortal breath.”
“This is only to say that we need to have the gifts of the Spirit restored again to the Church. And it is my belief that the one gift we need most now is the gift of prophecy.”
You can find this article and others by A W Tozer at this link: